1. You become more aware of your thoughts which allows you take a step back from your thoughts and decrease your stress response.
2. You don’t immediately react to a situation. Instead, you have a moment to pause and then use rational thinking to come up with the best solution to the situation. Mindfulness helps you do this through mindfulness activities such as deep breathing and meditation.
3. You are more aware and sensitive to what your body needs.
4. You are more aware of the emotions of others and are less likely to get into conflict.
5. Your level of compassion for yourself and others rises. This compassionate mind soothes you and decreases your stress response.
6. Your baseline stress levels are reduced. Mindfulness practice reduces activity in the part of your brain called the amygdala.
7. You are better able to focus. So you complete your work and daily responsibilities more efficiently with a greater sense of well-being.